Collingwood forward Mason Cox has been ruled out for the rest of the season after copping a knock to the larynx on Sunday.
During a VFL scratch match, the 30-year-old received a knock to the throat which resulted in a bruised larynx. Cox missed a month of football earlier in the year for a similar injury.
Positively, mid-season draftees Ash Johnson and Aiden Begg returned from injury to play their first game for the club in an VFL scratch match.
After being subbed out of the AFL game on the weekend, Trey Ruscoe (ankle) will be touch and go for the final round of the season.
See below for the full injury list, presented by AIA Vitality.
Ash Johnson (finger) - Available for selection
- Ticked off his first game since being picked up in the mid-season draft, kicking a couple of goals. A strong return since finger surgery.
Brayden Sier (ankle) - Available for selection
- Returned in the VFL and pulled up well.
Aiden Begg (shoulder) - Available for selection
- Played his first game for the Pies in VFL scratch match over the weekend. A positive return after having shoulder surgery earlier in the year.
Finlay Macrae (ankle) - Expected return: Test
- Minor ankle sprain against Brisbane. Pulled up well and is expected to be available.
Trey Ruscoe (ankle) - Expected return: Test
- Ankle sprain against Brisbane. Subbed out of the game. Touch and go for the final round.
Mason Cox (larynx) - Expected return: 2022
- A knock to the throat in the VFL scratch match which has resulted in a bruised larynx. Similar to the previous injury, but of a lower severity.
Callum Brown (shoulder) - Expected return: 2022
- Four weeks post-shoulder surgery. Brown will begin early stages of rehab.
Tyler Brown (shoulder) - Expected return: 2022
- Post-shoulder surgery. Currently completing a conditioning block.
Darcy Moore (knee) - Expected return: 2022
- Making good progress in the gym. A running program will be introduced in the coming weeks.
Scott Pendlebury (leg) - Expected return: 2022
- Fibula fracture. Out of the moon boot and has started conditioning in the pool and gym.
Isaac Quaynor (glandular fever) - Expected return: 2022
- Recovery mode for 4-6 weeks after coming down with glandular fever.