Collingwood's first home game of the 2020 AFL premiership season is a blockbuster against Richmond on a Thursday night at the MCG.
HELP US PACK THE PONSFORD IN ROUND 2
Here are 20 reasons to get excited about what will be one of the biggest home and away games of the year:
1. It's our first home game of the season, our first chance to Pack the Ponsford in 2020. You can't beat the feeling of being in the middle of the Magpie Army amid a crowd of 80,000+ at the home of footy.
2. There's nothing better than beating Richmond, especially when the Tigers are the reigning premiers. Remember the 2018 preliminary final? What a sweet night that was.
3. In round 2 last year we defeated the Tigers by 44 points and Jordan De Goey put on an absolute clinic, kicking five goals and earning three Brownlow Medal votes. How much fun it will be if we get more of the same this year.
4. When we last played Richmond we won by 40 points and Jordan De Goey was on fire again, kicking three goals. Yes, it was just a Marsh Community Series match, but a win's a win!
5. Thursday night games are great! You get to see the Pies in action and then have the entire weekend to do as you please.
7. There'll be two superstars wearing No. 4 - Brodie Grundy and Dustin Martin.
8. There's the prospect of Mason Cox selling some more candy to the Tigers' defenders.
9. The potential for a player making his Collingwood debut, with Tyler Brown, Darcy Cameron and Mark Keane among the chances to debut early in the season.
10. Scott Pendlebury will edge one match closer to becoming Collingwood's games record holder.
11. You get to take part in the rebirth of one of the great rivalries in VFL/AFL history, a rivalry that was born in the slums of inner-city Melbourne in the early 1900s.
12. You get the selected sides a day earlier than usual. They have to be named on a Wednesday night for a Thursday game.
14. We give you permission to turn up late to work/uni/school/other stuff on the Friday.
15. You get to watch Jordan Roughead and Darcy Moore go toe-to-toe with Jack Riewoldt and Tom Lynch.
16. You'll see two of the best midfields in the AFL do battle.
17. You have another opportunity to relive the Brodie Grundy goal from 2016.
18: It''s our first home game so get ready to experience an even better match day experience from us in 2020.
19. Remember The Machine, the most famous team in Collingwood's history. It played Richmond in three Grand Finals in a row between 1927 and 1929 and won them all. Bam!
20. There's sure to be more social media gold like this from our fans.