Coming off the loss
Harvs reflected on Sunday's game agains the Blues.
- “We’ve moved the ball pretty well the last two weeks in the back two thirds of the ground. Last week our entries were just not good enough in the first half. We want to work on that going forward. The last 40 minutes of the game we got overrun with contest and pressure.
- "Our ability to move the ball through the back two thirds was pretty good and we just want to capitalise on those opportunities going forward.”
Howie on track for Round 20 return
High-flying defender Jeremy Howe is on track for a return next week.
- “He’s training well and is keen to get out there. He feels like he’s at 100% and is ready to go for us. He’s on track for next week.”
Ginnivan and Tohill set to debut
There was commotion on the track as the team were informed that Jack Ginnivan and Anton Tohill will make their AFL debut on Friday night.
- “Jack is a Bendigo boy and great country kid. He’s worked really hard on his game for this opportunity and has earnt it through his work rate in the VFL the last few weeks.”
- “He’s a small forward with a natural ability to kick goals and puts himself in the right place at the right time.”
- “(Tohill) has had a long journey from Ireland and has worked hard at his game. He was really emotional on the track when he found out the news.
- “There’s great respect around the playing group for him and it was a great moment to see not only his reaction, but also how his teammates feel for him.
- “I actually played against his father in 1998. It’s hasn't been gifted to him, it’s earned. It’s greatly respected by all.
- “He’s a 200cm supreme athlete with the ability to run and jump. He’s worked hard on aerial craft and can play up forward as well as down back.”