Collingwood midfielder Tyler Brown will go under the knife to repair his injured shoulder on Wednesday.
The 20-year-old has injured the same shoulder numerous times this season, with the recommended medical advice to surgically repair the shoulder.
A number of Pies will be put through fitness tests over the week, Mason Cox, Beau McCreery, Trey Ruscoe and Brayden Sier will look to overcome their respective injuries and be available against Melbourne.
See below for the full injury report, presented by AIA Vitality.
Mason Cox (larynx) - Expected return: Test
- Bruised larynx from a training knock. Awaiting further advice from specialist to join full football program this week and to be available for round 13.
Beau McCreery (calf) - Expected return: Test
- Cautious approach taken and didn't get up for the Crows. McCreery will aim to train fully this week and be available for selection.
Trey Ruscoe (ankle) - Expected return: Test
- Rolled ankle last Thursday. Moon boot first few days and will still look to fully train the back end of the week and put hand up for selection.
Brayden Sier (jaw) - Expected return: Test
- Knock to jaw during the Adelaide game, experiencing dizziness. Non-contact training in the early part of the week before looking to train fully on Saturday.
Taylor Adams (knee) - Expected return: 2 weeks
- Tracking well after the new MCL issue. Expected to return in round 15 after the bye.
Tyler Brown (shoulder) - Expected return: 2022
- Recurring shoulder dislocation has resulted in surgery, per medical advice. Brown will have surgery on Wednesday and won't return this season. The timing of the surgery was put on hold due to covid-19 restrictions, with a decision being made last Tuesday.
Levi Greenwood (concussion) - Expected return: TBA
- Ongoing concussion symptoms. Currently taking part in low level conditioning and non-contact football training. Updates will be provided when we have them.
Brodie Grundy (neck) - Expected return: 2 weeks
- Progressing well in non-contact football training. Aiming to be in full football program after the bye round.
Jeremy Howe (hamstring) - Expected return: 6 weeks
- First block of low level running condition on Tuesday. 2-3 weeks before being introduced into full football program.
Reef McInnes (ankle) - Expected return: 4-5 weeks
- Out of the moon boot and will begin low level conditioning, similarly to Jamie Elliott's rehabilitation.